At the first meeting, I will require a non-refundable $150 deposit. This deposit secures your booking and reserves your specific Date and Time so that no other bookings are taken. The balance will be due 2 weeks prior to your wedding.
We will fill out the Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) Notice of Intended Marriage.
Please note that the earliest you can get married once the NOIM is lodged with me is one month, the NOIM is valid up to 18 months
Please bring the following documents
- If you were born in Australia, you will need to bring your original Birth Certificate. If you don’t have an original Birth Certificate, you can apply to the Registrar of Births , Deaths and Marriages.
- If you were born overseas and don’t have your Birth Certificate, your passport will need to be sighted.
- If you are divorced your Decree Absolute or Certificate of Divorce is required.
- If you have been widowed, please bring the Death Certificate.
After we fill out the NOIM, I will provide you with ceremonies, poems that you will be able to review at your leisure.
- We will communicate via email and phone as often as you like, so that we are able to craft your ceremony.
- It is imperative that we have a rehearsal the day before your wedding at the selected venue at the same time as wedding.
- During this time, we go through the choreography, the timing, etc…I encourage the photographer to come to this rehearsal, especially if it is an outdoor venue.
- On the day of the wedding, I usually arrive 45 minutes to an hour before the ceremony.
- I supply a state of the art PA system. It is very important that your witnesses and guests are able to hear those special vows that you will be reciting to each other, so I also require the couple to speak into a microphone.
- I will dress accordingly and try to fit in with the style of your wedding.
- I will supply Table/tablecloth and 2 chairs for signing the Marriage Register (subject to location).
- I will conduct your Ceremony according to Australian Law.
- You are required to sign three documents during the Ceremony: the Certificate of Marriage, the Marriage Register and the presentation Marriage Certificate. You will need two witnesses who are at least 18 years old to sign these documents.
- At the end of the ceremony, I will present you with your presentation Marriage Certificate.
- I will forward all legal documentation to the Registrar of Births, Death and Marriages within 14 days of your wedding.